The religion of submission and peace
The word “Islam” is an Arabic word which means “submission to the will of God”. This word comes from the same root as the Arabic word “salam”, which means “peace”. As such, the religion of Islam teaches that in order to achieve true peace of mind and surety of heart, one must submit to Allah. Islam is not a new religion because “submission to the will of God”, i.e. Islam, has the same eternal message revealed through the ages to all of God’s prophets and messengers. Muslims believe that all of God’s prophets, which include Abraham, Noah, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad (May Allah Peace be upon them All), brought the same message of Pure Monotheism. For this reason, the Prophet Muhammad was not the founder of a new religion, as many people mistakenly think, but he was the Final Prophet sent to mankind.the way of Islam is the same as the way of the prophet Abraham,and all the prophets, they submitted themselves completely to God and worshipped Him alone without intermediaries.To become a Muslim, a person of any race or culture need to say and believe in a simple statement, the shahadah, that bears witness to the belief in One God and that Prophet Muhammad is the last prophet of God.
The six pillars of belief
- One God, Allaah: He exists and He cannot be compared to anything in creation.
- Angels: A creation of a different nature serving as link between this and the angelic realm.
- Holy Books: God revealed Divine Books to His Messengers in order for them to convey reality to mankind. These Books contained nothing but the truth at the time of revelation. All these Books called people to the Oneness of God, and that He is the Creator, Proprietor and Owner, and to Him belong the most Beautiful Names and Attributes. These books were sent to all peoples. Some of these Books are as follows:
- The Torah (Touraat): Revealed to Moses (peace be upon him) for his time.
- The Psalms (Zaboor): Revealed to David (peace be upon him) for his time.
- The Gospel (Injeel): Revealed to Jesus (peace be upon him) for his time
- The Quran: Last testament, verifying what previous prophets taught about the Oneness of God and revealed to Muhammad (peace be upon him).
- The Messengers: The finest amongst mankind, chosen by God, to convey the purpose of life and relay knowledge about Divinity, Prophecy and Eschatology.
- The Last Day: The perishing of earth, judgement and beginning of real existence.
- Divine Destiny
The five pillars of action
- The Witnessing (Shahaadah): That there is no God to be worshipped except Allaah (the one God) and that Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him) is His Messenger.
- Ritual Prayer (Salaat): five times a day.
- Fasting (Siyaam): Once a year, from dawn to sunset throughout the entire month of Ramadhan.
- Charity (Zakaat): Which is paid to the poor and needy once every year.
- The Great Pilgrimage (Hajj): A once in a lifetime journey to the first place of worship on earth in Makkah. For the one who is physically and financially capable.
Pillars are part of a building. The building in this case is the perfect human being who cares and protects the rights of all creations and fellow humans, thus establishing a society in which truth and justice and peace is supreme.
More information important to you will be posted soon